--link-dest not working with rsync daemon?

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Jan 27 03:57:10 GMT 2004

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 09:57:32PM -0500, Alberto Accomazzi wrote:
> I think you guys are doing a top-notch job.

Thanks!

> And while I'm still on the line: do you have any ideas about upcoming
> releases?

I was just mentioning to J.W. that I thought we had so much good stuff
already in CVS that we should try to button things up in the next month
or so, really hammer on it a while, and then crank out a new release.
There have been a lot of optimizations that make it use less CPU and
less memory, which I like a lot.  I do think the changes have been
pretty significant, so we obviously need to do some testing to make
sure that we haven't busted something important.  However, it's looking
really stable to me so far -- I run it for all my rsyncing.