Problems with --exclude

Brian Camp sevenn at nezzwerk.net
Tue Jan 27 03:21:39 GMT 2004

I'm trying to get rsync to exclude the directory
"/home/www/users/ftp/pub/" from being copied in the command line below
and have not been successful.  I've tried many combinations, such as
dropping the /'s and adding *'s,  without any luck.
/home/www/users/ftp/pub/ is not part of a symlink, but it is linked to
several times within /home.  The local and remote machines are both
running rsync 2.5.7 under openbsd 3.4.

/usr/local/bin/rsync -zqrlptgo --delete --exclude
"/home/www/users/ftp/pub/" root at gorgimera:/home/
/home/backup/gorgimera/home/

  What am I doing wrong?  Any help would be *greatly* appreciated.

-Brian