Group Permissions?

donkey at boo.net donkey at boo.net
Fri Jan 23 16:08:05 GMT 2004

We were successfully using rsync (via rsh) between two boxes where the command
was run by the user that owned the destination directory. We had to change our
destination directory to one that user does not own, but is within the same
group as the owner and the directory is set with group write and execute
permissions. Rsync now gives errors like "failed to set times on "...
The files are still copied, but they seem to have somewhat randomly assigned
persmissions and some of the files are owned by the user calling rsync and some
are owned by the owner of the directory.

Any help would be appreciated.