daemon mode - local to server sync failing

Jason delaFuente jason.delafuente at gbe.com
Mon Jan 19 19:48:36 GMT 2004

I found my problem.  The default for all modules is to be READ ONLY.  adding the following to the module corrected the issue:

read only = false

Thanks!

Jason de la Fuente

>>> "Jason delaFuente" <jason.delafuente at gbe.com> 01/19/04 11:43AM >>>
I have an rsync server running on nodeA and a client, nodeB.
I am attempting to do a sync/copy from the local machine, nodeB, to the rsync server, nodeA.

The following line from the rsync man page makes it look like this is relatively simple:

for copying from the local machine to a remote rsync server. This is invoked when the destination path contains a :: separator or a rsync:// URL.

I have setup the following entry in my rsyncd.conf file on my server:
[clientdata]
     path = /rsync/clientdata

I have the following directory setup on my client:
/rsync/client/scriptoutput

I run the following command on the client, nodeB:
rsync -vvvvv --port=1477 /rsync/client/scriptoutput/* nodeA::clientdata

and get the following output:
opening tcp connection to nodeA port 1477
make_file(3,TEST)
expand file_list to 4000 bytes, did move
make_file(3,TEST3)
[64950] i=0 <NULL> TEST mode=0100644 len=0
[64950] i=1 <NULL> TEST3 mode=0100644 len=0
send_file_list done
file list sent
send_files starting
rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer
_exit_cleanup(code=12, file=io.c, line=177): entered
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(177)
_exit_cleanup(code=12, file=io.c, line=177): about to call exit(12)

I am relatively new to rsync so maybe I am missing someting really simple.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Jason de la Fuente