compilation problem

Vlady vlady at cyber2000.qc.ca
Fri Jan 16 17:23:56 GMT 2004

Hello,
I have a RedHat 7.3 on which I deinstall the openssl-0.9.6b-35.7 and the
openssl-devel-0.9.6b-35.7 packages and compiled&install openssl-0.9.7c-1.
After I downloaded, compiled & install rsync-2.6.0 successfully exept that
when I try to use I get the error:

OpenSSL version mismatch. Built against 90602f, you have 90703f
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(189)

I tryed to specify the ssl libraries in the rsync's config but I didn't find
any posibility for doing that. And also it's wierd form me how the
compilation  uses the old ssl libraries even I desinstall
openssl-devel-0.9.6b-35.7 and there is no ssl libraries in /usr/lib exept the
sim link I created :
libssl.so.2 -> /usr/local/lib/libssl.so.0.9.7
Can some one give me a hint what I should do to make rsyn working?

Thanks
Vlad