-vn doesn't list empty directories, -v does

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Jan 16 17:00:36 GMT 2004

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 03:57:21PM -0500, Joe Harrington wrote:
> The -vn option lists all files to be copied or deleted, including
> symlinks, but it does not appear to list empty directories to be
> copied, even tough it copies them.

Unfortunately, this is a known bug that we haven't taken the time to
fix just yet.

Another bug in unmentioned files (that isn't related to -n) is that
rsync doesn't mention a file if we just twiddle its mode, time, user,
or group -- we only mention it if we started a transfer for it.

I think that both of these things should be fixed; hopefully soon.