2.6.0 backwards compatibility

Piela, Ben ben.piela at ubs.com
Thu Jan 15 18:08:34 GMT 2004

Hello all,

I saw on the Release notes that 2.6.0 is using protocol version 27 which is
different than 2.5.7 and 2.5.6.  I did a quick peak through the rest of the
release notes and quickly browsed the archives on the list and I didn't see
any notes on how well 2.6.0 works with older versions of rsync.  At our
site, we do have 2.5.7 and 2.5.6 installed.  Are there any documented
problems when using 2.6.0 with a down revved version on another system?

Thanks much,

Ben Piela

Please do not transmit orders or instructions regarding a UBS account by
email. The information provided in this email or any attachments is not an
official transaction confirmation or account statement. For your protection,
do not include account numbers, Social Security numbers, credit card
numbers, passwords or other non-public information in your email. Because
the information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential,
proprietary or otherwise protected from disclosure, please notify us
immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer
if you have received this communication in error.  Thank you.

UBS Financial Services Inc.
UBS International Inc.