rsyncing individual files

Aaron W Morris aaronmorris at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 14 21:16:09 GMT 2004

Mayuran Yogarajah wrote:

> Im trying the following command:
> rsync -ae ssh host.com:/creative/37295/7/file1.jpg /creative
>
> rsync fails saying 'no such file or directory' because the
> directories /creative/37295 and consequently /creative/37295/7
> do not exist.  What Im wondering is, is it possible to have
> rsyc make those directories? I want to be able to run that
> rsync command and have rsync create the necessary directories
> and put the file there.
>
> Thanks

"rsync -aRe ssh host.com:/creative/37295/7/file1.jpg /" might do what
you want.  Your current command should be copying the file to the
/creative/ directory (not the subdirectories) because you have not
specified rsync to use relative paths (-R).

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

--
Aaron W Morris <aaronmorris at mindspring.com> (decep)