rsync backup

John Davis johnd at spm1.com
Wed Jan 14 18:58:28 GMT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: rsync-bounces+johnd=spm1.com at lists.samba.org
[mailto:rsync-bounces+johnd=spm1.com at lists.samba.org] On Behalf Of
Norman Zhang
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 10:48 AM
To: rsync at lists.samba.org
Subject: rsync backup

Hi,

I want to mirror a samba server (smb0) to a identical server (smb1) in
my internal network. So far I can managed to do this from client (smb1),

rsync -e ssh -auzpg 10.10.10.24:/home/MYDOMAIN /home
rsync -e ssh -auzpg 10.10.10.24:/srv/ /srv

I would like to automate this task without entering root password. But
I'm little confused. Should I setup rsyncd.conf from the server and
setuid/setgid for access? Then initiate connection from client with
above commands using CRON?

Regards,
Norman

--

That's one way. You could also do it with an expect script (use
autoexpect), or you can tell your SSH server to authenticate with an SSH

-John Davis