Upload only

a a crapbollox at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 14 09:32:37 GMT 2004

We currently use rsync in daemon mode running on linux boxes to provide a Windows client backup facility.  Although restricted by IP range we have not setup username/password authentication (this would be too much to maintain for us) but I am aware that this is a security problem as any users with a knowledge of rsync could potentially retrieve other users files from the rsync windows backup module.

I know there is a read only option that can be specified in rsyncd.conf - is there any way to make it upload only?

Appologies is the answer is obvious.

Tim