The dangers of static buffers in rsync code

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sat Jan 3 19:59:08 GMT 2004

On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 04:55:19PM -0500, Cristian Gafton wrote:
> [...] f_name(file) results in problems handling hardlinks - and
> possibly other issues as well

This is fixed in the CVS version.  Feel free to try it out.

For those that don't like to use CVS, you can always rsync the latest
unpacked version of the CVS source from here:

    rsync://rsync.samba.org/ftp/unpacked/rsync/

Also, I just re-enabled the building of the nightly tar files (and I
produced a tar a few minutes ago to test my script):

    http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/nightly/