rsync not working with ZoneAlarm Pro

Óscar Frías Barranco ofrias at wanadoo.es
Fri Jan 2 06:39:03 EST 2004

Hi.

When I try to use rsync 2.5.7 from a Windows 2000 machine with CygWin and
ZoneAlarm Pro 4.5.538, I get this error:

Read from remote host myweb.com: Connection reset by peer
rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
/home/lapo/packaging/tmp/rsync-2.5.7/io.c(177)

And this is the command that I am executing:

rsync -vaz --progress --recursive -e ssh myuser at myweb.com:/home/myuser/*
/cygdrive/d/BackupsWebs/myweb.com/last/

Everything works fine if I shut down ZoneAlarm.

Do you know what is the problem?  Is it in rsync´s side or in ZoneAlarm´s?

Thanks,
Óscar.