No subject

Sun Jan 4 23:01:44 GMT 2004

file up to the point at which it was last saved (i.e. before it was opened
for editing).  Dave & Martin will probably tell you that you shouldn't use
Rsync on open files (results are undefined), but for the moment it looks
fairly stable (at least from the limited testing we've done on it so far).

Matt.

-----Original Message-----
From: robert [mailto:robert at synapticserver.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 00:16
To: rsync at lists.samba.org
Subject: Re: Files in use

Hello all
I have been watching and learning from this list for a couple of months
now.. Here is my first question.

If rsync comes across a file that is in use by somebody. What happens?
Does the file get skipped or does the entire transfer halt?

The command I am issuing is:

rsync -a -c -v -o -e ssh  /etc/much_used_file
\root at 192.168.1.1.:/etc/much_used_file

--
Synaptic Solutions
9 Lees Street