exclude everything and include directories

Don Shesnicky dshesnicky at enqsemi.com
Wed Feb 25 11:51:33 GMT 2004

I'm trying to update some laptops from a large server directory for an
EDA app.

Most of the time I just rsync the entire directory and exclude the odd
item. In this case it's the reverse where I want to exclude everything
but include  only the odd directory. I thought it'd be easy but can't seem
to get the exclude then include options correct. It seems that when you
exclude everything you then need to include file by file. Can anyone
point me in the right direction?

Don