open files

Tarun Karra tarun820 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 01:34:48 GMT 2004

hi ,

it's ok even if I have to host a rsync server on windows machine and set it up to backup the open files preliminarily,, The most important thing for me is *****backing up open files*****.

>As such, talking about Cygwin's attempts to use backup operators>
>shouldn't help at all - as that's referring to running rsync *server* under
>Windows - it won't have any affect on how SMB passes locks to the SMB
>client...

what effect does SAMBA have on RSYNC if do mount and rsync the windows folder.

This brings up one more problem i have right now. When i try to mount the windows folder (as root user )and rsync it to local folder i have no problems the rsync works fine.

But when i try to mount windows folder as USER APACHE (we built a webpage for all this process) and try to rsync it to a local folder, the rsync doesn’t work properly.

thank you all for your help
tarun

Jason Haar <Jason.Haar at trimble.co.nz> wrote:
Just a note. I think the original poster was *mounting* the Win2K box from
Linux. As such, talking about Cygwin's attempts to use backup operators

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417