File walking issue?

Adnan Olia adnano at charter.net
Wed Feb 18 18:49:00 GMT 2004

Well, this is what I noticed on a Samba share.  Using the options below,
I ran 2 tests and the results are below:

Test 1:
Number of files: 95000
Number of bytes: 593MB
Total time for building file list was 70 secs

Test2:
Number of files: 2093
Number of bytes: 3.14GB
Total time for building file list was 5 secs

Is there a way or option to minimize building the file list? The reason
I am asking is because I have shares that have more than 200,000 files
and about 100GB of data and it is taking awfully slow on a 1GB network
card.

Thanks
Adnan