rsync 2.6.1cvs dumps core when preserve_hard_links and backup

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Feb 10 23:57:22 GMT 2004

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 01:40:48PM +0900, Shinichi Maruyama wrote:
> 	I tried rsync 2.6.1cvs on my FreeBSD 4.X boxes.
> 	It dumps core when preserve_hard_links and backup.

I couldn't get it to dump core.

> 	file->link_u.links (and also file->F_HLINDEX) has some values,
> but no meanings because it's only an union with file->link_u.idev.

By the time the transfer starts, all the link_u.idev structs should have
been transformed into link_u.links structs (which all happens before the
generator and receiver fork into separate processes).  If you can send
me a test case that triggers this failure, I'd appreciate it.