Please help : Strange 'file has vanished' behaviour with rsync on windows.

Jim Salter jim at jrssystems.net
Mon Feb 9 01:36:08 GMT 2004

You should be able to temporarily map your UNC to a drivespec and then
use rsync with the mapped drivespec rather than telling it to use the
UNC directly.  That would work around your issue effectively.  You'll
want to use the path /cygdrive under Cygwin to access your mapped
drivespec.  Something like this:

net use z: \\mypc1\myshare1
rsync -e ssh -av /cygdrive/z/dir1/* /cygdrive/z/dir2/

Hope that helps...

Jim Salter