Full backup

jw schultz jw at pegasys.ws
Fri Feb 6 09:01:32 GMT 2004

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 09:49:16AM +0100, Thorsten Schacht wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I'd like to take a full backup of our email server.
> Is it possible to clone the current server (postfix, spamassassin,
> qpopper...) to another clean system to have it ready if the current one
> fails?

Yes it is possible, sort-of.

Rsync could be employed in syncing the configurations.
Dealing with the queues and mailstore are completely
different matters and should be viewed as a clustering
issue.  Distinctions should also be made between gateways,
routers, filters and repositories and other types of email
servers.

	email address:		jw at pegasys.ws

		Remember Cernan and Schmitt