rsync is not copying upper case files

cm at tp4.ruhr-uni-bochum.de cm at tp4.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Feb 3 13:59:02 GMT 2004

Hi,

I am running rsync on MacOS 10.3 and I want to transfer files to a linux
machine, which has  linux partitions and fat32 partitions.

Transfering the files to the linux partition works without problems,
but if I transfer them to the fat32 partition, files are ignored if all
characters in the file name are UPPER CASE.
- The files which rsync should transfer do not exist in the target
directory. Thus its not a problem with the time resolution of the fat32
system.
- The files do not appear as lower case, they are simply not there at all.
- If a file name contains one lower case character or special character,
then it is copied without problems.

Many thanks!
Christoph Mayer