Time stamp and directory

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Dec 31 21:18:05 GMT 2004

On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 12:29:44PM +0100, Stefan Sabolowitsch wrote:
> Is there switch (-t) for directories, so that the original time remains?

There is a patch in the "patches" dir named "omit-dir-times.diff" that
adds the --omit-dir-times (-d) option to rsync so that it doesn't bother
to try to preserve the time on a directory -- is that what you meant?

There is also a patch named "dir-times.diff" that makes the default to
avoid preserving the time on the directories and adds the --dir-times
(-d) option which turns on directory-time preservation.  I'm currently
leaning towards adding the omit-dir-times.diff version to the CVS trunk
(though I would prefer to use the dir-times.diff patch if backward-
compatibility was not an issue).