Problem with rsync-cygwin between two WindowsXP machines

Milutin Voinivich team at nasbackup.com
Fri Dec 31 07:46:21 GMT 2004

Hi,

Can't help you much with the error but it seen to me you missing some thing:

> I map to a shared drive, then try and run rsync between the mail
directories of each machine

Rsync this way is actually copy the whole file each time !!!! (--whole-file)
To use rsync diff synchronize algorithm to need to run rsync as service in
on of the XP machine.

You can use cwRsync  to install rsync as service in Win environment, follow
this link:
http://www.nasbackup.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Web_Links&file=index&re
q=visit&lid=7

> In another vein, has anyone created a COM or .NET assembly from the
> rsync algorithm?  I have only done a tiny bit of programming in C, but
> can program effectively in VB...  Seems like a straightforward project
> if the algorithm is available?

Not that I know off.

Regards,

Milutin Voinivich