Inflate Error?

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Wed Dec 15 19:25:01 GMT 2004

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Wayne Davison wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 09:38:14AM -0800, Chuck Wolber wrote:
> > inflate (token) returned -5
>
> You should be able to avoid this error by turning off the --compress
> option.

Yup, that solved it.

> To figure out why it is occurring would require someone to debug a
> failure case.  If you can narrow it down to a particular set of files
> that always causes the error and make them available, it would allow
> some debugging to occur.  I haven't seen any compression failures in
> recent versions, so I can't debug it without seeing a failure.

I understand. The files are long gone, so we'll have to let this fall into
the "yeah I heard about that a while ago" category.

FWIW: The files in question were sleepycat (bdb) data files. This only
started ocurring when the customer upgraded from a Watchguard Firebox III
700 to a Firebox X 1000. _According to them_, the software revision (7.2)
did not change across the hardware upgrade.

-Chuck

--
http://www.quantumlinux.com
 Quantum Linux Laboratories, LLC.

 "The measure of the restoration lies in the extent to which we apply
  social values more noble than mere monetary profit." - FDR