rsync hangs when tunneling... help!

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Wed Dec 15 16:34:34 GMT 2004

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 02:50:43PM -0800, Jay 'Whip' Grizzard wrote:
> Stack traces of hung transfer:

Thanks--these have enough information for a cursory analysis, where we
can see that the sender is using select to wait to write some data, and
the receiver is using select to wait to read some data (and the
generator is waiting to pump more checksum data to the sender).  Thus,
everything looks fine.  To be able to know better, we'd need to see what
numbered file descriptors each process was selecting on (to ensure that
each one included the right descriptor for what we believe it to be
doing).