several errors with irregular pathnames

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Wed Dec 15 16:12:58 GMT 2004

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 02:28:16PM +0100, Eric van Blokland wrote:
> After this error, I tried to copy a complete directory which caused
> the first mentioned problem. It appears that the pathname somehow gets
> misinterpreted and split into two separates.

When using an rsync server, a repeat of the module name after a space is
inerpreted as a separate file by the command-line processor.  For
instance, the following would request three files:

rsync -av remote::'mod/one mod/two mod/three' /dest/

Perhaps that tripped that command?

As for the other problem you mentioned, I have not run into any
situtation where rsync mangles the path names it transfers, so I don't
know what to suggest to you.