rsync to retry if copy failed - possible?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at mch.one.pl
Sat Dec 11 20:21:24 GMT 2004

Hello,

I want to be 100% sure that rsync copies something from one location to
another.

However, I did not see an option which would make rsync retry an
operation if it failed for whatever reason (network was down when rsync
started, or network went down during rsync was copying something,
connection timed out etc.).

For example, wget has an option like --tries=number Set number of
retries to number.  Specify 0 or inf for infinite retrying.

Is there something similar in rsync? If not, are there any ways to
achieve a similar behaviour?

Tomek