rsync seems to hang when --delete option is used.

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Fri Dec 10 00:22:54 GMT 2004

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Tony Shum wrote:

> When I use --delete option, it seems to hang for over 8 hours on 4.5Gb
> of total data.  But when I remove the --delete option, I can see it
> starts rsyncing.  Has anyone encounter this problem before?

What type of filesystem is your data on (ext3, xfs, etc)? Is it on an NFS
mount or is it local? Regardless of where it is, is the storage medium a
single disk or a disk cluster (RAID)?

-Chuck

--
http://www.quantumlinux.com
 Quantum Linux Laboratories, LLC.

 "The measure of the restoration lies in the extent to which we apply
  social values more noble than mere monetary profit." - FDR