Rsync progress indicator?

Tim Conway conway at us.ibm.com
Tue Dec 7 16:15:49 GMT 2004

--progress will show individuals.
There is no tracking of total progress, nor any programmatically efficient
way of providing such.  If you were really concerned, you could --dry-run
first and sort of keep track of where you were in the list during the
actual run.

Tim Conway
Unix System Administration
Contractor - IBM Global Services - ODCS
desk:3039240938
conway at us.ibm.com

I've been reading through the man pages for rsync, yet I can't seem to
find a way to provide
progress indication and/or current download speed for total and/or
individual files...

Can this be done with rsync? Is it an implemented feature.
I thought -v or -vv would do the trick, but it doesn't...

Cheers,
--
Dag Rune Sneeggen
Romolslia 23B

dudcore Inc. (http://www.dudcore.net | contactus at dudcore.net)
Lovely hosting for elite and not so elite people!
Free FTP download mirrors for everyone! (http://mirror.dudcore.net)

/ I tell ya, dudcore Inc. is good to us \
\ cows!                                 /