ACL-Patch will not work

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Thu Aug 19 18:08:56 GMT 2004

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 04:40:55PM +0200, Matthias Spork wrote:
> I would like to use rsync with ACLs. After patching the sourcecode i
> can set the option -A, but it will not work.

Run "rsync --version" and see if it says "no acls".  I just fixed a bug
in the patch where the -A option wouldn't complain if ACL support wasn't
compiled into the program.  This can happen even if you specified the
"--with-acl-support" option to configure if configure didn't find the
right support files to for ACLs (hmm... configure should be made to fail
when that happens).

If that's not the problem, then we'll need to debug the patch.  I can
compile the ACL-patched version of rsync, but I don't have any
filesystems that support ACLs, so I can't test it.

BTW, are you testing the 2.6.3pre1 version of the patch?  Or a different
one?