SV: measuring 2.6.1 improvements

Tevfik Karagulle tevfik at itefix.no
Tue Apr 27 22:49:55 GMT 2004

Hi,

Results of a simple performance test on cygwin :

------------------------
     333 files, 30 MB, flat directory, 3 test runs after ramp-up,

     Client : cygwin 1.5.9/ssh 3.8p on XP
     Server : cygwin 1.5.9/ssh 3.8p on windows 2000 Server (VMWARE)

     2.6.0 client to 2.6.0 server : 1 017 KB / sec
     2.6.1 client to 2.6.1 server : 1 206 KB / sec

     Performance improvement : 18,5 %

Very soon, I will update cwrsync (http://itefix.no/cwrsync) with rsync 2.6.1
and ssh 3.8.1p1.

Rgrds Tev