Rsync Error..

Tim Conway conway at us.ibm.com
Mon Apr 26 14:09:44 GMT 2004

Jim:  first - glad to see you're able to reach the group again.
Second:  In later messages, he'd found and fixed true rsh - to where "rsh
remotehost which rsync" returned "/usr/local/bin/rsync", and still got the
timeout on actual rsyncs.
I sent an enormous number of possible outputs he could get and what they'd
mean, and haven't heard back.  I think that might have been late Friday.

Tim Conway
Unix System Administration
Contractor - IBM Global Services
desk:3032734776
conway at us.ibm.com

Tim already answered your question for you.  Your remote system is not
answering on port 514, only on port 513.  See your OS's rsh man page for
further details - this isn't really an rsync question, it's an rsh
question.