Error?

Jim Salter jim at jrssystems.net
Thu Apr 22 16:18:15 GMT 2004

I'd bet there's something else starting up rsync besides cron.  Possibly
a script in periodic, possibly a startup/init script, possibly something
in another crontab, possibly inetd/xinetd.

Check ALL the possible locations for things that periodically get fired
off to startup programs, and get back with us - that means all the
crontabs, everything in init.d / rc.d or whatever your OS uses,
/etc/periodic if applicable, the AT queue, inetd, the whole nine.  I
sincerely doubt that rsync itself is randomly firing off instances of
itself without being asked to.

Jim Salter
JRS Systems