subdir-exclude patch now in patches dir (was rsync-exclude)

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sat Apr 17 20:17:39 GMT 2004

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 08:45:15PM +0200, John Bowman wrote:
> I tried out the subdir-exclude patch and it works well for me.  The
> next release of rlbackup (coming in a few days) will use this version.

Note that I renamed the option in the patch that comes along with the
2.6.1pre-2 release; it is now:  --perdir-exclude-from=FILE .  I wanted
the "-from" suffix so that it was associated both with the other *-from
options and the --from0 option (which does affect the line-endings when
reading these per-directory exclude files).  The "perdir" prefix is the
best I could come up with that described this exclude option as briefly
as possible (since the option name is rather long in total).  If you
have a better idea, let me know.