VB 6.0 Implementation of cwRsync 2.5.7 Questions...

Ross Walker niceguyisoyou at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 16 15:58:09 GMT 2004

Tevfik:

I see from your experience that you have Visual Basic.  I'm attempting to develop a file deployment/synchronization application using the cwRsync product in a VB 6.0 environment.  It will run continuously on a Win box and need to communicate with both Win and UNIX clients.  Is this possible?

I inferred that I only needed to run the cwRsync install, which did install the rsync server service on my XP box.  I then attempted to add References to the 2 DLLs that came with the download, but I received this error when I attempted to Register cygwin1.dll, " ...was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.  DllRegisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt version may be in memoyr.  Consider using PView to detect and remove it."  The registration of cygpopt-0.dll was successful.

Do you have any suggestions?

I also downloaded these other products from your site thinking that may provide additional features to this application, especially regarding encryption and remote password management:
- copssh_1.2.0_Installer.zip
- chwinpw-1.0.zip

Ross Walker