want to write a patch, need help getting started...

John Taylor john at fcs.uga.edu
Thu Apr 15 15:24:46 GMT 2004

Greetings,

I have two systems that have identical file hierarchies, except the
owners/groups and timestamps differ.  All of the files have the same
checksums.  Is there a way to tell rsync to compare checksums, and if
they are the same, simply change the owner/group/timestamp?  I really
only care about timestamps.  This way, once the timestamps are duplicated,
rsync can operate more efficiently the next time it is run.

If there is not a way to do this, I would like to write a patch.  I was
wondering if a developer could tell me which source files to look in,
functions names, data structures, etc.

Thanks,
John Taylor