wrappers

Jim Salter jim at jrssystems.net
Tue Apr 13 12:35:39 GMT 2004

If you're using SSH for a transport, you can't block  rsync usage from
/etc/hosts.*, because rsync isn't hitting any ports directly, SSH is.
(You could, of course, limit what hosts people were allowed to SSH from.
   But that's not really a topic for this list, that's a topic for the
SSH list.)  On the other hand, if you're using rsync without the SSH
transport, in daemon mode, your OS may not know natively what "rsync"
means, in which case you'd have to specify the actual port number (873)
directly.

Jim Salter
JRS Systems