rsync from solaris to cygwin on xp, certain files always copied

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Thu Apr 8 01:03:02 GMT 2004

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 11:25:15PM +0000, Kelly Felkins wrote:
> 1) How can I tell if the file is being copied? Is there a way to ask
> rsync to say "file x copied".

Use -v for verbose output.

> 2) How can I diagnose why these few files are being copied, and not others?

Use -n to tell rsync not to really do any file updates.  You can then
look at the output of the -v option and try to figure out why a file is
listed.  Hint:  rsync compares the file size and the timestamp by
default, so I would assume that one of those items is different on the
file(s) that it is wanting to update.