ODBC database logging for rsync

Steve Sether steve at vellmont.com
Tue Apr 6 21:31:31 GMT 2004

I've added ODBC database logging to rsync, and was wondering what
the procedure is to submit my code changes to be (hopefully) included
into the main development branch of rsync.

I've added everything in such a way that ODBC database logging is
only included with a configure option, and otherwise not compiled in.

Is there any interest in ODBC database logging for Rsync?  If
so should I submit diffs of changed files, and full versions of
new files?

As for the code itself, I've tested it with postgresql and mysql.  It
should be compatible with Oracle, Sybase, and DB2 though these
databases are completely untested (i.e. I don't have any of these
databases).  I still need to write some documentation of new run-time
config options.

Thanks.

-Steve Sether