Issue with rsync server 2.5.7 on OpenBSD 3.4.

Stas stas at webow.com
Fri Apr 2 22:05:16 GMT 2004

Hi.
Are there any known issues with running rsync as a inetd server, or a daemon, and connecting to it straight, without using any remote shell?

When I try to connect, using rsync xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx::, or even a rsync localhost:: from the local machine , with a root user - it throws me the following message:

rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /usr/ports/net/rsync/w-rsync-2.5.7/rsync-2.5.7/io.c(165)

Is an update to the latest version will work? And will it run well on the BSD?