Bug report: sender needs to have backup-dir

kenneth topp caught at prodigy.net
Fri Apr 2 14:25:51 GMT 2004

You're correct.  Here is the where it grabes you:

rsync as server, getting something from a module, the server does a
pushdir on the backup-dir that the client has.  It's required to exist!
So not really either, this get's you with new clients to either old or new
servers..

have to dig back in the code, but I think the solution is to patch
server_options, just filter out backup-dir if the server's the sender...

Although I tried to figure out how that's functions being used, it seemed
to be possible to trigger it via "--daemon -rsh" or something, but I was
unable to, so you have to setup a rsync server (if you're at my level of
familiarity...)