Anyone tried windows binaries from www.gaztronics.net/rsync.php?

Ron DuFresne ron.dufresne at ncmail.net
Fri Sep 26 01:51:50 EST 2003

Piotr Krukowiecki wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Jim Salter wrote:
>

>>I'm not entirely sure what that site's reason for existence is.  It says it
>>requires cygwin, and cygwin already comes pre-packaged with rsync, so ...?
>>

>I wasn't aware that cygwin have rsync, that makes things much easier :)
>

>>all (knock on wood) although the combo of rsync and OpenSSH does seem to be
>>far more of a CPU hog under cygwin than under a real *nix OS.
>>

>I plan of using only server mode so that should not bother me.
>
>Thanks for help :)

I'd be much more cautious of a deamon or service running in  a windows
platform ssh'ed or not then I'd be concerned about such in a unix
platform <my preference is to encrypt it all and let the OS/app sort it
at the endpoint>.  But, I'd certainly not feel safe, nor secure, running
any service cgywin or not in a production or exposed setting on any
windows platform.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne

--