updating server with rsync????

Ron DuFresne ron.dufresne at ncmail.net
Wed Sep 24 16:07:43 EST 2003

The key here is that the user doing the rsync process has enough
permissions to read all the files of the other users, and that -pog are
included in the parms passed to rsync <which is the default if -a is
used>.  Something like;

<as root perhaps or a user included in all the groups of all the other
users and the dirs/files have proper group settings>

cd filesys-tosync

rsync -azvv . root at systemb:file-sys-mirror

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne