same system syncs of filesystems, yet changing ownerships;

Ron DuFresne ron at sysinfo.com
Wed Sep 24 14:52:50 EST 2003

Folks,

I'm setting up to sync files from a staging env to a prodution env, such
that the filesystems for both are served via nfs to their respective
systems.  Thus, I can do the rsync on the nfs server as a 'advanced cp'.

rsnyc $parms filessystem filesystem2

Due to ownerships and permissions, I have to run this as root, but, I'd
like the files to belong to another user and group then roots upon
syncing.  Is this possible without having to make it more ssh like and
put the added overhaed into the transaction?

responces prefered to the ron.dufresne at ncmail.net address.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
--
          admin & senior consultant:  darkstar.sysinfo.com