FIXED (ignore) Re: F'ing hell (documentation problem)

Derek Simkowiak dereks at realloc.net
Wed Sep 24 10:48:43 EST 2003

> This is on "dev", a Mandrake Linux 9.0 box:
>
> [rsync at dev rsync]$ rsync --version
> rsync  version 2.5.5  protocol version 26
[...]

> This is on my laptop (the client I'm trying to connect from), a Mandrake
> Linux 9.1 box:
>
> [dereks at dev testing_rsync]$ rsync --version
> rsync  version 2.5.5  protocol version 26
[...]

	After my message hit the list I did a double-take because I know I'm
running 2.5.6 on my Mandrake 9.1 laptop... and I also noticed that the
--rsh plus "::" feature didn't appear until 2.5.6.

	As it turns out, I had one too many xterms open and I was trying to
connect from the wrong machine (a machine which, by bad luck, was
running 2.5.5).

	So, foot firmly in mouth, my apologies for the wasted bandwidth.

Cheers,
Derek