Logging updated files?

Max Kipness mkipness at geniant.com
Mon Sep 22 02:51:22 EST 2003

Hello -

I've been doing some experimenting this morning with logging and can't
seem to get exactly what I'm looking for.

What I'd like, is to be able to get a listing of all files that changed
on the local side and that were updated to the remote side via rsync.
The literal data info tells me how many bytes were transferred total,
but I'd like to get the break down per file, or at the least just get a
listing of the files rsync saw as different and therefore updated.

I've played with --progress and --stats and not really found the info.
The --progress option seems to show every file in the root regardless of
whether it's actually different or not. The closest I've gotten is with
the --log-format %f%l%b option which tells filename, file length, and
bytes transferred. The problem with this is that there is always at
least 40 bytes transferred for every file, so I'm not sure how I could
tell if there is a very slight change in the file.

Any ideas on how to do this accurately?

Thanks,
Max