rsync error: errors selecting input/output files, dirs (code 3) at flist.c(980)

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Sep 15 02:02:55 EST 2003

Hi,

I've got another error that is not in the FAQ ;) Ran from a script in a
directory that doesn't exist anymore:

	shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
	building file list ...
	pop_dir /mnt/dar : No such file or directory
	rsync error: errors selecting input/output files, dirs (code 3) at flist.c(980)

I guess it is caused because the current directory (pwd) has been deleted,
nevertheless I guess rsync should handle this situation (as any other
command can handle it).

The directory in question isn't used by rsync, it was just coincidence I
was in that directory while it was removed (by rpm) after I ran my
synchronizing script.

The
	pop_dir /mnt/dar : No such file or directory

message blows my mind because that directory exists and has not been
touched.

Kind regards,