rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(463)

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Sun Sep 14 06:08:45 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm having a problem rsyncing one file (since I signed it). It seems that
the content of a file is able to cause problems in the protocol.

	building file list ...
	28820 files to consider
	apt/packages/avifile/
	apt/packages/avifile/avifile-0.7.34-1.dag.rh90.i386.rpm
	rsync: error writing 4 unbuffered bytes - exiting: Broken pipe
	rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(463)

I'm using rsync-2.5.5-4 (the rsync shipped with RH9). The first time rsync
halted (indefinitely), every other run gives the above error.

Kind regards,