Operation not permitted?

Hardy Merrill hmerrill at redhat.com
Tue Sep 9 23:52:08 EST 2003

Just a guess, as I'm a Samba newbie, but if you're trying
to *write* to the Samba mount, then the Samba server needs
to give *write* permissions to that filesystem.  On Red Hat
Linux, this is typically done in

  /etc/samba/smb.conf

find the correct share, and look for the 'writable' option.
After making changes, I think you need to restart samba.

Not sure why rsync does a chown.

HTH.

--
Hardy Merrill