Patching?

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sun Sep 7 04:25:01 EST 2003

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 04:14:12PM -0700, jw schultz wrote:
> Just get CVS head which includes the --files-from option as well as a
> number of bug fixes and other enhancements.

The only caveat I have about this is that there has been a protocol
version bump in CVS with no guarantee that this new protocol won't change
before the next release.  Thus, if you decide to deploy the CVS version,
you should commit to keeping it updated until release; at least with any
changes that might affect interoperability in the new, not-yet-finalized
protocol version.  These changes are rare, but it would require either
monitoring the checkins for such changes, or just installing the latest
CVS version from time to time.