mirror problem

damian lee damian at tw.shuttle.com
Mon Sep 1 17:00:48 EST 2003

Hi there

I am currently useing rsync to mirroring my ftp server.
And I have do a successful transfer in the firt time.
But gets errors in the second time I try to run the same commend.

environment:
RedHat 8.0
commend:
rsync -avz --delete -e ssh user at host:home/path/ftp /path/ftp
error messages:
Password:
receiving file list ... opendir(bin): Permission denied
opendir(etc): Permission denied
done
IO error encountered - skipping file deletion
send_files failed to open /path/ftp/some-path/.notar: Permission denied
wrote 32 bytes  read 59957 bytes  6314.63 bytes/sec
total size is 4290872998  speedup is 71527.66
rsync error: partial transfer (code 23) at main.c(926)

Is this a permission problem ???

Thanks in advanced

Damian